Monday, January 23, 2012

Lexi's 1st Birthday, Part 2 - The Prep

So, it's probably a very good thing that I started working on the decorations for Lexi's birthday like a month ahead of time because it is going to take me that long to get everything done at my pace! That's ok though, because I enjoy the "craftiness" of it all. =) Well, ok ... maybe not the tissue paper balls, they are proving to be a major pain in the you-know-what!!

(Shout out to Steph Smith for showing me how to make these!)

The pinwheels came out really cute, except that I used pipe cleaner as the "stems" in an attempt to avoid thumb tack .... The tacks just seemed like an obvious no-no for a 1-year-old's party. =/ Anyways, the pipe cleaners cause the pinwheels to stand up less than straight, but I am working on a solution.



The invitations actually turned out adorably! Unfortunately, the downside to this DIY idea was rooted in the very inspiration for them! I thought it would be cheaper to create some myself, but when I went to print them, they ended up costing about $1.50 each .. not terrible, but certainly not my brilliant "money-saving" plan.

(Note: I copied the idea from a genius fellow blogger ... who I unfortunately cannot remember how to find her blog to give credit)

My Dollar Store candy jars (aka: apothecary jars) were a resounding success! Hopefully the hot glue will hold for the party, I will probably go find the rumored 'glass glue' at a later time to ensure that they stay this cute and put together haha!


So, I am getting closer to being done with the decorations and, although there are moments I hate this DIY outlook on throwing a party, it really is a whole lot of fun =)





No comments:

Post a Comment